- Whenever possible, try to play in the shade.
- If you are on concrete or a "hard surface", put your hand on the surface to determine if it is too hot for Wolfie's paws. If you wouldn't want to walk barefoot on the surface, why do you think he would want to walk "barepaw" on it?
- If possible, play in the pool where you and Wolfie can keep cooler. Jump out of the pool for a little bit, then jump back in.
- If Wolfie begins to slow down, let's get him back inside.
- Be sure to provide water once Wolfie is back inside to allow him to naturally rehydrate.
- If Wolfie appears unusually lethargic and listless, monitor him for several hours. If this continues, Wolfie might have "overdone it". Call your veterinarian for advice.
For more information, please contact The Best Dog Trainers in South Florida.