- Don’t turn and run—dogs naturally love to chase and catch things.
- Stand still, with your hands at your sides. In most cases, the dog will go away when it determines you are not a threat.
- Don’t put your hand out—just allow the dog to approach you to sniff you.
- Don’t scream. If you say anything, speak calmly and firmly.
- Face the dog at all times, but don’t stare. Avoid eye contact.
- When possible, back away slowly, watching the dog from the corner of your eye, until the dog is out of sight.
For more information, please contact The Best Dog Trainers in South Florida.