Potty Training When You Are Away For A Long Time
- Pick a small room with a tile or linoleum floor such as a laundry room or bath room.
- Pick up all the items that your puppy might destroy.
- If there is access to any “inappropriate area” such as behind the washer, block that access.
- Clean the floor with a mild cleanser such as Lavender Fabuloso.
- Cordon off the room with a doggie gate that your puppy can’t knock over, climb over, or jump over.
- Place some toys, his bed, and a small amount of water & food in the room.
- Place a wee-wee pad in the room. (Entice him to go in that area but not require him.)